maandag 10 juni 2013

Mixtape Monday (3): X

The theme of this mixtape was suggested by my friend Adrianne, who gave me the challenge of “X”. I interpreted that X in the following ways: kiss, cross, maths, quit and ‘unknown’. Of course, the first one is easiest, there are a lot of lovesongs around but I didn’t want a sappy tape ;)
You can find the playlist HERE

1. Robert Johnson – Crossroad Blues - Some good ol' blues!
2. Jamie Lidell – Multiply - I've always liked this song, especially in summer.
3. Bright Eyes – Nothing gets crossed out - I just love this song.
4. Eagles of Death Metal – Kiss the Devil - Because I love contrasts and this is such an awesome band.
5. Gossip – Heavy Cross - What can I say. Beth Ditto is amazing.
6. Elliott Smith – Waltz #2 (XO) - One of my favourite Elliott songs.
7. The Baseballs – Quit Playing Games - Because it's summer! (sort of).
8. Black Keys – Unknown brother - One reason: guitarssss.
9. Sixpence None the Richer– Kiss Me - Actually the first song that came up in my head. Lovely classic.
10. White Stripes – Black Math - This was my theme song for Maths in my final year at secondary school. I just didn't get it.
11. The Hollies - Jesus was a crossmaker - I like to listen to the Elizabethtown OST when driving, this is on it.
12. Queens of the Stone Age – You Can’t Quit Me Baby - I've been a QOTSA fangirl the past few weeks so they had to be on it. Killer Song!
13. Laura Marling – Cross Your Fingers - Another lovely contrast ;) Cute song.
14. Guillemots – Last Kiss - I think this is one of the few decent songs on their second album Red.
15. Horse Feathers – Elergy for Quitters - Beautiful little piece of music to close it off.

Well, I hope you enjoy it and I'd like to know your opinion/ suggestions for the next one! XO!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten