zaterdag 20 april 2013

Record Store Day 2013

I consider myself a music freak and each year I keep an eager eye on the official Record Store Day website, to see what this year will bring. I’m a sucker for coloured vinyl and special editions, so I have to be careful that a day like this won’t drain my bank account. This year I came prepared: I have been tutoring for quite a while now, and I saved (most of) it for all these lovely records. This year’s list wasn’t as spectacular as those in the past, but I still found some gems I’d really like to add to my collection. So, this morning I got out of bed really early and I drove my bicycle to Nijmegen (I grabbed the opportunity to work on my fitness a bit as well). When I arrived at the record store I found out they had opened early (I have no idea why I missed that info, they spammed their fb page with all these instore gigs but no mention of a change in opening times – correct me if I’m wrong). I must admit I was rather disappointed: the Grizzly Bear and Sigur Rós records were already gone. Even the other record store in the city couldn’t help me. Fortunately, I have a nice “network” of awesome people who enjoy music as much as I do. With a little help from my friends (pun intended) I got my vinyl after all! I can’t wait to get them in my hands, I heard that the Sigur Rós record is in bright blue and green transparent vinyl... fabulous!

I really like the concept of Record Store Day: it gives the artists and stores the attention they deserve and even though some items are heavily overpriced I still “need” to have those exclusive records. I’m going to spend the rest of this (sunny) record store day listening to some classic albums on vinyl, the way it should be!


Nick Drake compilation album, originally released in 1971 (US only). Includes a nice poster and the original artwork. *drool*

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten